----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote

"The Final Judgment is not just an evaluation of a sum total of good and evil acts--what we have done. It is an acknowledgement of the final effect of our acts and thoughts-- what we have become." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Water was just... Falling out of the Sky!!!

"I'm singin' in the rain, just singin' in the rain, what a glorious feelin' I'm *clap* happy again!"
Happy Thursday! It's raining! What a blessing it is. Hopefully this helps with the fires.
I sure hope that everyone had a lovely Independence Day. I slept at the parade route with the Johnson family, and that was extremely fun! I also saw the hot air balloons take off, and then I watched the parade. My day was spent with my family, and we had a barbecue, and then went to watch the fireworks from the fantastic view of Westridge Elementary. It was a wonderful day. Oh, and PS. My sister in law is the best. :)
I've got a question: What do YOU do on a rainy day? Perhaps you sing in the rain, or dance, or curl up in a blanket with a good book, or watch a movie that makes you cry... Whatever it is you do, I'm sure it's fantastic. Want to know what I do? I make soup! And because I'm sure you're just DYING to know what the recipe of today's soup is, I will gladly give it to you. :)



Leafy Greens Soup with Zucchini

6 cups water
6 bouillon cubes
1/2 small white onion
1 zucchini
6-7 fresh basil leaves
2 sprigs of fresh parsley
1 can white beans
About 5 Kale leaves (one bundle from Macey's)
Pepper

Prepare the broth according to the package. Rough chop the onion and add to the boiling broth. After that's cooked for a couple of minutes, add your chopped zucchini. Turn down the heat and let that simmer for a few minutes. When the zucchini is pretty soft, but not quite ready, add your chopped herbs. Then drain and rinse your beans, and add them to the soup. Grind a bit of pepper into the pot. Last, rough chop your kale. If you don't like kale, you can use spinach. Spinach has a more mild flavor. It will look like a lot of kale, but once it heats up, it cooks down quite a bit. If you do use spinach, just eyeball it, but don't be afraid to use a lot, because it will cook down, too. After just a few seconds, the kale will turn a vibrant green color. It's gorgeous! Just let your soup continue to simmer for a few minutes, until your kale is ready. It should be tender, but not at all mushy. Serve and enjoy! :)


Yep, that's all I have. Have a wonderful day! :)

Love-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment